Table Matters was created to realize the goal of providing aesthetically valuable tableware to the masses. The brand uses finely sourced materials that are strictly tested for toughness, durability, and integrity. Each dinnerware is guaranteed safe for use and can withstand the test of dishwashers and time.
Ceramics Making Steps
Ceramics-making involves a step-by-step process that takes skill, patience, and artistry to achieve the desired masterpiece.
1. Removing clay from the pallet and running it through the pug mill is the first step.
2. The slab of clay is then placed on a wheel with custom molding. As the wheel spins, the pressure is applied by the jigger operator through a blade that cuts excess clay away.
3. As soon as the ware feels stiff but slightly flexible, the rim is trimmed on the wheel to give it a smooth edge.
4. Around 12-14 hours after trimming, the ware is subjected to a starting bisque fire of about 1850F. As it cools, the ware is then stamped and glazed by hand spraying.
5. After glazing, a wet sponge is then used to wipe the rip to ensure that the polished edge is remarkable.