Table Matters was created to realize the goal of providing aesthetically pleasing tableware to the masses in Singapore. Table Matters only uses finely sourced materials such as ceramic for its tableware that are strictly tested for toughness, durability, and integrity. Each tableware from Table Matters are guaranteed to be 100% safe for use and can withstand the test of dishwashers and time. Table Matters tableware’s durability is proven with our successful Singapore-based SGS Certification.
Ceramics Making Steps (How our Table Matters tableware are made?)
Ceramics-making involves a step-by-step process that takes skill, patience, and artistry to achieve the desired masterpiece.
1. Removing clay from the pallet and running it through the pug mill is the first step.
2. The slab of clay is then placed on a wheel with custom molding. As the wheel spins, the pressure is applied by the jigger operator through a blade that cuts excess clay away.
3. As soon as the ware feels stiff but slightly flexible, the rim is trimmed on the wheel to give it a smooth edge.
4. Around 12-14 hours after trimming, the ware is subjected to a starting bisque fire of about 1850F. As it cools, the ware is then stamped and glazed by hand spraying.
5. After glazing, a wet sponge is then used to wipe the rip to ensure that the polished edge is remarkable.
Table Matters are SGS certified
Our tableware are Lead and Cadmium Free, Microwave Safe, Oven Safe and Dishwasher Safe as shown in the SGS-certification for Table Matters’ tableware collections.
Take note that other tableware that are decorated with platinum or painted gold are not recommended for microwave use, and we currently do NOT sell such products for this reason.
Also, all our products are NOT to be used on stove tops and over open flames.